We’re so happy to announce that Screens for iOS 4.9.12 is now available and supports pointing devices on iPads running iPadOS 13.4!
You can now use a compatible mouse or trackpad to control the remote computer Screens is connected to! Of course, Magic Keyboard will also be supported automatically as soon as it is made available by Apple.
- Drag (left-click and then drag)
- Scroll (*see below for some great news for Mac users!)
It really feels natural and it works amazingly well! We cannot wait for you to try it out!
Please note that scrolling requires Magic Trackpad 2, Magic Mouse 2 or Magic Keyboard.
Unfortunately we couldn’t add 3-finger gestures as iOS reserves those system-wide but they’re still available via the device display. Our theory is that 3-finger gestures are more appropriate than 4-finger gestures on the Magic Keyboard trackpad but we won’t be able to test that theory until the new keyboard ships in May.
But we didn’t stop there! Here are some other improvements in this version:
- Fixed and issue that would prevent connections via Screens Express
- Fixed an issue that would cause some logs not to appear in reports
- Fixed a crash occurring when trying to create a group within a group
- Fixed an issue that could cause Hot Corners to trigger when cursor was out of bounds
- Added pointer interactions around the app
- Added momentum scrolling, including horizontal scrolling when connecting to Macs
- Improved saved connections reordering, group creation and adding to groups
- Improved performance and stability
You can also consult the Screens for iOS product page on our website.